Sunday, May 29, 2011

My new facial love - Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam

A few months back, I won blogger friend Rowena's blog contest and the prize I got was several pieces of Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam. Rowena herself swears by it and she has been telling me that she loves its feel on her face.

(photo courtesy of Pond's Philippines site)

I gave some away to family to try but kept about six for myself. At that time, I still had half of another facial foam cleanser so I did not get a chance to use Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam till last week. Here's what happened...

Two weeks ago, two pimples suddenly appeared on my nose. Now this was very unusual. I have not had pimples in years! But these two were bright red and looked really awful. I applied skin antibiotic ointment and in the next few days, the pimples subsided. But one flared up again and worse, a third pimple on the side of one nostril was beginning. It was like teen-aged nightmare all over again!

I thought I'd stop using my current facial cleanser and look for an alternative. I picked up Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam to see why Rowena was all praises for it. The ingredient "activated carbon" intrigued me. I know activated carbon is used in many ways to adsorb (not absorb) toxic chemicals and poisons. It's found in activated carbon filters of air purifiers, is used to adsorb foul smells (like baking soda), used in water purification and many others. Take a look at this article that talks of the benefits of activated carbon. Here's an excerpt from that article:
Activated charcoal can do these various things because of its ability to attract other substances to its surface and hold them there. This is called “adsorption” (not absorption). Another one of the benefits of activated charcoal is that it can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in harmful substances.
The British medical journal, Lancet, discusses the amazing ability of the human skin to allow transfer of liquids, gases, and even micro-particles through its permeable membrane and pores, by the application of a moist, activated charcoal poultice and compress which actually draw bacteria and poisons through the skin and into the poultice or compress!
I was hoping the activated carbon in Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam would draw out whatever was infecting my pimples.

On my first use, I think I overdid it. I was used to other facial cleansers where I had to put a lot on the palm of my hand. I put as much of Pond's facial foam on my palm and the lather it made was just so thick! So, next time around, I only used a pea size of the foam and it was good enough to work up a very good lather to cover my entire face. Very economical!

This is all you need to lather up your entire face!

True enough, after using it twice a day (morning and night) for several days, all my pimples began subsiding and now, it's almost gone from my face. After every use, my face also feels so extra squeaky clean too. The activated carbon must be drawing out all the toxins and grime from my face!

I'm loving the feel and effectiveness of Pond's Deep Cleansing Facial Foam! For now, this is my skin care partner!

No comments:

Google+