Sunday, March 9, 2014

An Afternoon ME Time with Karimadon and the SoMoms

Confession: I have never owned or worn a Karimadon dress or gown prior to an afternoon with the SoMoms at Karimadon's SM Megamall boutique.

I do remember seeing their label at the old Virra Mall many, many, many years ago but I was already a stay-at-home Mom then and never saw the need to check their stuff out as I was always in very casual outfits. I met Karen Go-Wu at an earlier Steveston Pizza event, connected with her on Facebook, and finally got a chance, along with my SoMom-mies to check out the store that her parents, Richard and Josie Go, put up way back in 1980.

As it turns out, Karimadon is a unique name that combines the names of the Go children. Karen is the Kar in Karimadon. To ensure the best quality, Karimadon has in-house designers who oversee the entire production to ensure the elements are all in the right places. Since those Virra Mall days, Karimadon has now grown to 16 standalone stores (2 are franchises) located in prime malls and 4 outlets inside department stores.

Hearing the Karimadon team talk about quality and style of their designs, I was already expecting price tags that were a bit steep. I was WRONG! But I'm getting ahead of myself. Just read on and see how my afternoon in Karimadon was a new discovery for women's apparel from daytime to evening wear to formal occasions that would be surprisingly affordable.






The creative and designer team of Karimadon composed of Borgh Carino, Aby Puzon and Raffy Viernes welcomed us to Karimadon. Also there was Eric Galos, head of Marketing.

The Karimadon team

With SoMoms Mish and Noemi and Eric of Karimadon


I went around the store checking the styles and the workmanship. If you want stylish clothes that show the best in you but hide what you want hidden, Karimadon is a good place to check out. Here are samplings of what we saw at the boutique that day.



Corporate wear that hardly need ironing come in geometric figure-slimming patterns and flattering stripes

Summery white daytime and evening wear



White and classy corporate look

Styles that look great any time of the day or night


Believe it or not, the cocktail and corporate dresses here do not cost more than PhP 2,000. The gowns range from PhP 2,200 to only PhP 5,000. And accessories cost between PhP 500-1,000. So affordable!

I had so much fun shopping with the SoMoms. We monopolized the dressing rooms and tried one dress after another, with laughter and oooh-ing and aaah-ing as each SoMom stepped out to get feedback from everyone else and to "model" the dress.

So many clothes....so hard to choose!

Captured by the lens thinking about that glamorous pantsuit



Conci and I trying out the first batch of dresses

I ended up getting this -- a red laced dress. Loved it!

It was a long day for us but we all went away happy with our individual finds at Karimadon. Now I have one more place to mark in case I need to go shopping for stylish but comfy and reasonably priced clothes.



You can find Karimadon at the following malls and department stores:

Stand-alone Stores:

Glorietta 5, Ayala Trinoma Mall, Ayala Center Cebu, Ayala Marquee Mall, SM Megamall, SM City North Edsa, SM Centerpoint, SM Fairview, SM Bacoor, SM Marilao, SM Pampanga, SM Cebu, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Place Metro-East, Robinsons Place Ermita, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, and Ayala Terraces Mall, Fairview

Outlets in Department Stores:

Landmark, Makati; Landmark, Trinoma; La Casa Grand, Laoag; and Houseware Plaza Department Store, Daet.

Also follow Karimadon on social media at:

Website: www.karimadonfashion.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/karimadon.fashion
Twitter: @KarimadonPH
Instagram: karimadonph
Tumblr: karimadon.tumblr.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought several dresses from there in the past and the girls have gotten a few pieces from there as well. I even had a loyalty card from the shop that gave me discounts that increased the more I buy from them. They eventually cancelled the card for a newer one. Nice red dress you got there too! :)

Google+