The first thing you need to know even before seeing the planners is that this is the first year that Starbucks is actually tying up with partners on the planners, cards and tumblers. Unlike previous years when Starbucks collectibles were exclusively Starbucks, this time the loved brand pairs up with exciting brands to make the collectibles even more, well, collectible!
The 2016 Starbucks Planners
For the first time in the history of Starbucks planners, Starbucks pairs up with Moleskine to bring the Moleskine look to all four of their planners. Moleskine is the heir and successor to legendary notebooks used by artists and thinkers like Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway and Bruce Chatwin. The well-known Moleskine design is brought to Starbucks planners in a straightforward manner with lots of space for notes.
The paper is acid-free. That means it can last for decades without turning yellow with age. At the same time, each planner allows you to contribute to the advocacies of non-profit organizations such as Teach For the Philippines (TFP) and Philippine Educational Theater Association (PETA).
For Moleskine fans, this is definitely something exciting to look forward to and it is coming November 2, 2015.
This year, the planners come in 2 sizes. Two planners designed as weekly diaries and about the size of the usual Starbucks planners and two planners designed as daily diaries that are the size of Moleskine notebooks. Unlike previous years when the planners had metal bookmarks, all these planners have a colored ribbon attached to the spine as a bookmark.
The next few photos show the innards of these planners.
Weekly planners come in green and white and are thinner than the smaller variants at 176 pages. Each page is good for a week's worth of entries on the left with a note page on the right.
The daily diary comes in black and red. It is smaller but thicker at 400 pages. Each page is one day, with weekends (Sat/Sun) combined in one page.
All planners come with the usual monthly promo coupons.
Here's the good news too. It still only takes 18 drinks (9 holiday beverages + 9 core beverages) to redeem a planner. Here are the mechanics on how to get your 2016 Starbucks planner:
- The Starbucks annual planner will be available starting November 2, 2015. This year’s planner is collaboration between Starbucks and Moleskine.
- A customer can avail of a Starbucks Christmas Traditions Promo card from November 2, 2015 to January 7, 2016 with no purchase required.
- One sticker is awarded for each Starbucks handcrafted beverage purchase. Holder must accumulate a total of eighteen (18) stickers, to redeem one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2016 Planner.
- Customer must present the Starbucks Christmas Traditions card to the barista upon purchase to get the corresponding number of stickers.
- A customer must complete the required number of stickers to qualify for the redemption of one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2016 Planner. A combination of up to two (2) promo cards will be allowed, provided that the 9 featured plus 9 core beverages have been purchased. Excess stickers for combined cards will be forfeited.
- Once all stickers are completed, customer submits the Starbucks Christmas Traditions Card/s to redeem one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2016 Planner from any Starbucks Coffee store in the Philippines.
- Tampering with and/or transferring of stickers to obtain the required number of stickers will render all promo cards null and void.
- Every purchase of a handcrafted beverage using a Starbucks Card will be awarded one (1) sticker and one (1) Beverage Star. Terms and conditions that apply to the Starbucks Card are available on www.starbucks.ph/card.
- In case any of the Holiday featured beverages are not available (ex. Toffee Nut Latte), customers can substitute it with any of the remaining holiday featured beverages (ex. Christmas Panettone Latte or Peppermint Mocha). Should all three (3) not be available, only then can customers substitute with any espresso- based or Frappuccino blended beverage of their choice.
- Single receipt bulk purchase of food and other retail items (merchandise, whole bean, Starbucks VIA) worth at least ₱7,000 will entitle the customer to one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2016 Planner. Combination of receipts is not allowed.
- Bulk purchase of gift certificates and Starbucks Card load/reload of at least ₱7,000 will not entitle the customer to a planner.
- The following transactions and discounts are qualified for this promotion. 1) Senior Citizen discount, 2) Handicapped discount, 3) VAT Exempt, 4) Personal Cup/Tumbler ₱5 discount
- The following coupons and discounts are disqualified for this promotion. 1) Service Recovery Coupon, 2) Free Tall Beverage Coupon, 3) Coffee Companion Guide Coupon, 4) Customer Voice Redemption, 5) Rustan Coffee Partner discount, 6) Rustan Group of Companies discount, 7) Starbucks Card Registration Treat, 8) Starbucks Card Beverage Treat Redemption
- Promotion starts on November 2, 2015. Stickers may be obtained from November 2, 2015 to January 7, 2016.
- Redemption of the Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2016 Planner starts November 2, 2015 up to March 7, 2016 at Starbucks stores in the Philippines only.
Starbucks Christmas Cards
This year, Starbucks is introducing more cards for the Christmas season -- 6 all in all -- and to keep the excitement going, they will not be released at the same time but over the promo period (Nov. 2, 2015 to January 7, 2016).
Available by November 2, 2015:
Three cards will be released on Nov. 2. The ultimate collectible is the Holiday Mini Card with Swarovski Crystals. Imagine -- 29 Swarovski crystals are encrusted in EACH card! This is a not-to-be-missed collectible!
|I want this one!!! You can have it for PhP 2,500 consumable load|
|Last year's favorites make a comeback with a few changes. Each one for PhP 300 consumable load.|
Available by December 1, 2015:
Starbucks collaborates this time with fashion designer Anna Sui to bring an entire collection of Anna Sui collectibles which include the Starbucks card, two tote bags, and two ceramic tumblers.
|The Anna Sui-inspired card can be had for PhP 1,000 consumable load|
|One of two Anna Sui ceramic tumblers. Heavy!|
Starbucks celebrates 18 years in the Philippines with this limited edition card featuring chalk art and different ways we say "Have a nice day" around the country.
|This is available with a PhP 300 consumable load|
Available December 15, 2015:
To round off the Christmas card collection, the Merry Christmas card says it all.
|Available for PhP 300 consumable load|