But I was pleasantly surprised when the 2013 Starbucks Planners launched with a different look. It looks like Starbucks just may get the best of both worlds (their very young fans and the young ONCE) because next year's planners have some pretty cool features.
Here are some of the 2013 planner's neat items that make it a collectible for the yuppie, the teeners and even prime time women like me:
* So much more room to write!!! The planners look more like the executive planners available, with lots of lines and more writing space. There are no artsy designs to cover pages. Each planner page looks more elegant, professional, and more practical for really jotting down stuff.
* Embossed leather covers in white, green and black - I found this year's planner covers to be classier than the past ones, featuring a vertical embossed panel of what looks like stylized parols (Christmas Philippine lanterns)
* A magnetic bookmark in the shape of a Starbucks cup clips the page you want to mark, front and back. The magnet holds both ends in place, keeping the bookmark exactly where you want it.
* Thirteen (13) "kindness cards", the equivalent of Starbucks coupons in the past, let you share a Starbucks treat with family and friends during specified periods of the year.
* Postcards - Every few months you'll find a postcard stuck to the planner page that you can send off as well to someone special.
* Every few pages, Starbucks has inserted a "kindness suggestion" that you can do for someone. It is usually something very easy to do but would mean a lot to the other person.
As part of the usual Starbucks tradition, every redeemed Starbucks Philippines 2013 Planner means a donation for the children of SparkHope - an early childhood care and development program in partnership with UNICEF.