Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Pampered Afternoon at Nuat Thai Libis

One Saturday afternoon, a group of mommy bloggers, including myself, headed out to try a spa we had never been to (at least for most of us) -- Nuat Thai Libis.

I was only familiar with another spa place along Libis so it was nice to find out that there was an alternative one. I had a pretty looooong week then so getting a Thai body and foot massage was something I was really looking forward to. The fact that I was going to experience this with mommy bloggers was an extra treat!


With Janine Ching-Go and Jay Tiu of Nuat Thai Libis
My pictures from hereon are few and a bit dark. After all, why would I spoil a spa experience by taking lots of pictures instead of just surrendering to the hands of our masseuse?

My choice for the afternoon was a Swedish body massage followed by a foot massage. But first, we had to have a foot bath.

Entrance to foot bath
The ambience was truly Thai -- including the touches with flowers floating on water, tiles with flat, dark stones in between them, and strategically placed lighted candles to give it that warm, inviting, relaxing feeling. Inside the foot bath room, I saw two foot ceramic basins with individual faucets and a raised wooden seating area.

That's me getting a nice foot scrub
Rubber slippers were provided after the foot scrub and I was led to the area where they do the back massages. Oh! They had mattresses on the floors and each cubicle was discreetly separated by dark curtains for privacy. And I thought my friends and I would be lying visibly next to each other! Hahaha.

I changed out of my clothes and promptly lay down on the mattress. I was a bit afraid of how the Swedish massage would go because the last time I had one at another massage place nearer home, the lady masseuse seemed to have had a bad day because she pounded me no end, leaving me feeling worse after the massage and achy all over.

To my relief and great delight, I had a very good masseuse. She kneaded me all over, just exerting the right pressure. I had a choice of eucalyptus oil, green tea or lavender oil. I chose lavender oil, my favorite aromatherapy scent for relaxing.

Choice of scented oils
(photo courtesy of MyMom-Friday)

I felt totally relaxed under the skillful hands of the masseuse assigned to me. I just regretted that I did not thoroughly enjoy the experience because in the cubicle right next to me, a guy who was also getting a massage insisted on talking on his mobile phone for a very long time. That, despite the shushing that my masseuse kept giving him. Some people really have no ethics when it comes to mobile phone use.

Anyway, back to my massage experience...

After the body massage, I dressed up and was led to still another room where Lazy Boys were. Again, my masseuse did a good job with the reflexology points and the Thai stretching that came after. One slight discomfort though. I was seated right next to the door, with my chair facing the reception area. So since the rooms were all dark, every time someone opened the sliding door from the reception area to the hallway, the sunlight from outside would blind me. Next time I go visit them, I'll specifically ask not to be seated in that chair. Or maybe they can reposition the chairs, taking that into account.

View of body massage and foot massage areas
(photo courtesy of My Mom-Friday)

At the end of our massage, the Nuat Thai people made sure we were well fed - Serenitea (my favorite!) and some cookies and ensaymada completed the afternoon as we mommies spent time chitchatting around the reception area.



All in all, it was a wonderful experience despite some problems I encountered. Nuat Thai does have good masseuse and that is actually one of the key successes of spas. Their gowns and towels are very clean and look hygienic; the wonderfully scented oils they use truly enhance the relaxation experience.

Last but not least of all, their prices are so reasonable! Take a look at these:

Nuat Thai foot massage (1 hour) - Php 250
Thai body massage (1 hour) - Php 250; Php 300 with oil
Thai back massage ( 1 hour) - Php 250; Php 300 with oil
Swedish massage (1 hour) - Php 350
Aromatheraphy massage w/ herbal balls (1-1/2 hrs) = Php 550
Hot oil massage (1-1/2 hrs) - Php 550
Thai head, back & shoulder massage (1 hour) - Php 250; Php 300 with oil
My boy has been hankering for a foot massage so one of these days, I'll probably bring him there for one while I try their back massage once again. This time I am hoping there won't be a repeat incident with anyone who cannot even leave his mobile phone on silent in order to fully enjoy his own spa massage.

Nuat Thai Libis
2/F 90 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. (across Shopwise, above Allied and RCBC Bank)
Libis, Quezon City
Tel (02) 477-5004
Open daily 12 noon to 2:00 AM

No comments:

Google+