Not anymore though!
With the opening of the UP Town Center and its mall facilities, the QualiMed Health Network, a network of clinics, surgery centers, and hospitals, owned by Mercado General Hospital, Inc. in partnership with Ayala Land, Inc., has put up a Qualimed clinic in its mall area to service the area.
Clinics in malls are really quite successful. As they say, catch your customers where they usually go and we know that Filipinos just love malling. QualiMed Clinics serve as the primary care provider, focused on preventive care. Here you would find multi-specialty doctor's clinics, laboratory, radiology, ECG, drug testing, and vaccination services, among others.
We were given a quick tour of QualiMed UP Town Center.
|Services offered at UP Town Center|
|Eye testing room|
|Dental room - they have 2 dental chairs here|
|Blood extraction area|
|X-ray room where their machine was painted to look like a giraffe to look friendly to kids|
The system below is a combination of a viewing platform for radiology results while the one on the left is a high-end printer. In a tertiary hospital, I remember hubby going for an ultrasound and we came out with a CD with all the images inside. This system will basically allow patients to do the same. If they need to see a specialist or another doctor, it is very easy because their records are portable.
|This system allows very clear readings of xrays, mammography results, etc and a CD can be given to patient|
In order to provide multi-specialty services, QualiMed tied up with other partners, namely:
1. AlphaHealth Professionals, Inc. (AHP) - AHP is a practice group composed of medical specialists providing medical services, health education and biomedical research.
2. Asian Eye - for eye care. Asian Eye has international health care accreditation. Established in 2001, the Institute is at the forefront of efforts to make breakthrough technologies for eye care and treatment available in Asia. I am happy to know this because my whole family has been going to Asian Eye since the kids were small. My Mom and aunt in laws all had their cataract surgeries done at Asian Eye. Knowing they are partnered with QualiMed gives me that extra boost of confidence.
3. MetroDental - It's the largest pioneering dental chain in the country, offering a wide range of dental services with internationally trained, board-certified specialists on board.
4. ImageDX Radiology Consultants - ImageDX is a professional partnership of radiologists committed to providing top-notch medical service in the fields of Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology, and Radiation Oncology.
5. University Pathologists Specialists, Inc. (UPSI) - This group is composed of pathologists from UP-PGH with varying specialties: cytology, head and neck, hematopathology, breast, female genital tract, bone and soft tissue, gastrointestinal, lung, molecular, and forensics.
Congratulations on your newest clinic, QualiMed!
|My mommy blogger friends and I with QualiMed's doctors|
QualiMed Clinic UP Town Center is located at the Ground Level of UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City. Tel (02) 904-1406. Clinic hours: 7am - 9pm.
Their other clinics are located in TriNoma and G/F McKinley Exchange Corporate Center (near MRT Ayala Station in Makati). Their surgery centers are located in the UPM-PGH Faculty Medical Arts Building of PGH along Taft Avenue and Third Level Fairview Terraces in Novaliches, QC.
Online, you can find QualiMed at:
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/QualiMedPH