is a website where Mac applications are offered at discounts for limited periods of time. Once in a while, they have a huge promo
where they bundle several apps and slash prices significantly. Now is one of those times.
For only $49.99, you can get 10 highly-rated Mac applications (you get an additional app if you are one of the first 15,000 buyers). The total value of these apps at retail price is $381. Steal?
Well, I have 1Password Pro
on my iPad. I had been on the lookout for a promo on the Mac version so I could sync both. The retail value of 1Password for the Mac is already $39 so getting at least 10 apps for $49.99 is already a great deal for me.
For $49.99, here's what you get:
1. Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac
- seamlessly run both Windows and Mac OS X applications side-by-side without rebooting. Requirements: Intel-based Mac, Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later. SRP: $79
- a password manager where you can keep not just passwords but software license keys, bank account info, credit card info, and other personal info. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.5 or later. SRP: $39
3. MacUpdate Desktop
- while Software Update only updates Apple-branded apps, this one updates all apps on your Mac. REquirements: Mac OS X 10.5 or later. SRP: $10
4. DVD Remaster Pro 7
- recompresses large DVDs so they can be burned on a standard DVD or converts them so they can be watched on your video iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad Apple TV and many others. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 or later. SRP: $49
5. Mac DVDRipper 2
- lets you copy all your DVDs on your Mac so you can easily view them without using your optical drive. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 or later. SRP: $9
6. Hands Off!
- monitors transfers of private information from your computer and control disk access from all applications to prevent them from obtaining confidential information. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later. SRP: $24
7. App Tamer
- tames applications that eat up excess CPU and battery time. Requirements: Mac OS 10.5 or later. SRP: $14
8. TechTool Pro 5
- a full-featured utility program containing options for testing and repair, maintenance (including disk defragmentation), and data recovery. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later, DVD drive. SRP: $98
9. Civilization IV (game)
- build and rule a historic empire, creating your own legacy as you guide your civilization from the dawn of man through the space age and beyond. Requirements: 1.8GHz or faster Mac, Radeon 9600 or GeForce FX 5200 or better graphics card. SRP: $19
10. A Better Finder Rename
- offers a complete set of renaming options that are organized into 7 categories covering all the text, character, position, conversion and truncation features that you would expect from a file renamer. Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. SRP: $19
When I ordered the bundle, I opted for delivery of DVDs for Civilization IV and TechTool Pro 5 (an additional $9.99) because each download is 1.8GB. MacUpdate delivers anywhere worldwide so I am expecting my DVDs soon in the mail.
Major credit cards as well as PayPal are acceptable modes of payment.
Hurry up! As of this posting, there have already been 11,117 downloads. Divvy is free only for first 15,000 buyers.
The link to the promo is HERE
Labels: 1Password, A Better Finder Rename, App Tamer, Civilization, Divvy, DVD Remaster Pro, Hands Off, Mac apps, Mac DVDRipper, MacUpdate, MacUpdate promo, Parallels Desktop, Promo, software, TechTool Pro